Thursday, February 18, 2010

About Nan E. Moss and the Worship Him in Spirit and in Truth Blog

As time goes on, I find churches are straying from God’s truth in vast numbers everywhere. Wicked men are creeping in and church doctrine is changing to ‘commandments of men’.

‘But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.” (Matthew 15:9)

Preachers in every denomination, brought in from liberal seminaries, are teaching congregations very misleading and just plain incorrect theology. A lie. Their teachings have taken the place of God’s Word. Study materials used in Bible classes are not being carefully scrutinized, with much of the material being ordered from the convenient Bible bookstore around the corner which sells every kind of filth from the creative and inventive minds of the wicked. Many are simply manuals to twist unsteady hearts and minds to the ungodly doctrines of these men, in the guise of ‘instruction’. I believe there is only one instruction manual necessary, and that is the Bible. . . His Word to be held in our hearts and read in the spirit daily. This is the only truth and instruction worthy to be studied vigorously, more than enough for any one person’s lifetime. Yes, a weekly gathering in a Bible study led by one strong in the Lord’s work is useful, indeed most especially for ‘babes in Christ’ and for those who may otherwise not be able to get away for quiet moments in their own home to study His Word. We must always remember, it is to Christ alone (in His Word, the Bible) that we look to and lean upon, who reveals Himself and His truth to our hearts in words that cannot be spoken. He is the good shepherd.

“He shall feed his flock like a Shepherd, he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.
(Isaiah 40:11)


“I Am the good Shepherd: the good Shepherd giveth His life for the sheep”. (John 10:11)

"I Am the good Shepherd and know my sheep, and am known of mine." (John 10:14)


For myself, God’s guidance and revelations are found in the quiet setting of my own home, with the Spirit leading according to my own personal growth and knowledge in the Lord. I believe this pace differs with each one.

Some years earlier, in my ignorance, but hoping to follow the Lord in a Bible believing church, I wandered from one church to another. I realized none, for want of a better phrase, could “connect the dots” with everything I was reading in scripture. It left me very confused until realizing that ‘we’ are the church, a spiritual church not made with hands, not a physical building, church nor a synogogue. He is in us. We tabernacle with Christ spiritually. He is our High Priest. Just as Joseph & Rachel were hidden (hindermost from Esau) so the true spiritual church also is, from the world. (A picture of the New Testament Church hidden in the world is seen in Rachel: Gen. 33:1-16)

“But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, Not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building.” Hebrews 9: 11

"But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in Spirit and in truth: For the Father seeketh such to worship him." John: 4:19-24

There is a wonderfully true saying, attributed to a number of people, but it struck me as very appropriate for these times:

‘ I looked for the church and I found it in the world, and I looked for the world and found it in the church’.

I decided I must put all of the confusion from these churches (buildings) out of my mind and follow only Christ. I found Him ONLY in His Word, the Bible.

Below is one of God's many beautiful promises, one I keep in my heart:

"But if from thence thou shalt seek the Lord thy God, thou shalt find Him, if thou seek Him with all thy heart and with all thy soul." Deuteronomy 4:28-31

I refer to this time as, “when the Lord called me out of Egypt.” Yes, we follow the Lord wherever He goes. 'Egypt' is a picture of the house of bondage (the world and its bondage to sin). Christ broke these chains and through the Cross washed away our sins in his own blood. Not just covered them, but He came to BE our covering. He came for the remission of sin, to heal us...the Bible likens our sins to 'sicknesses and diseases.' There are a number of beautiful 'pictures' in the Bible in which Christ heals many, sending some away with the admonition to "sin no more." Ironically, the world of today considers addictions to alcohol, drugs, food, sex, hoarding and many more sins as diseases. Yes, SIN is disease.

“When Israel was a Child, then I loved Him, and called Him out of Egypt.”
(Hosea 11:1)

“These are they which were not defiled with women: for they are virgins. These are they which follow the lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.” (Rev. 14: 4)


One last note-

If pressed by those who would ask, I am not a member of any physical church body at this time. My beliefs today would be found similar to the reformed teachings found in the earlier church age. I am not against all organized religion, as there may yet be found a very few God fearing church congregations, but I believe the time is close, if not already upon us, that there has come a ‘falling away’.

“Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition”. 2Thessalonians 2:3

RB8YC8D9F4HU